• Finny and Neo in "the hole"   5 years 24 weeks ago

I just saw what I thought was Neo and someone in the bed together, but I couldn't tell who. . . then I found your post. Looks like Neo has settled in nicely. :-)

• Finny and Neo in "the hole"   5 years 24 weeks ago

Just uploaded another one from today to "Best of" where you make out their silhouettes a little better.

• Cats and snow   5 years 25 weeks ago

Yes, that is one good thing about winter. Come summer, they will be stretched out on the floor far away from us trying to lose the excess heat.

• Cats and snow   5 years 25 weeks ago

Ours didn't seem to be bothered by the blizzard, except to perk up when they heard a wind gust. This time of year, they are particularly needy with laps, which we guess is because of the cold weather?

• Cats and snow   5 years 26 weeks ago

We've been running our gas fireplace quite a bit this winter and they all enjoy "baking" in front of that. Stormy even gets cranky if I try to pet her while she's sucking in the heat.

It's been tempting to take a cat outside to show them the snow, but we haven't! So, I think like your cats, they are pretty oblivious. :)

• Welcome to Kitty-Cam   5 years 29 weeks ago

It probably was. He's taken quite a liking to the kitty-condo we placed on Cam 1. He stands tall on it keeping watch on the neighborhood.

I believe cleo's mom caught the image you are referring to because she added one from that time frame to the Best Of collection.

• Welcome to Kitty-Cam   5 years 29 weeks ago

Is that N-Man on Cam 1?

• Helpful for vet trips/travelling?   5 years 29 weeks ago

Our neighbors have a big orange tabby, and they walk around with him on a leash in their yard. He seems to like it. He gets to be outside while they work in the garden or refill their bird feeders. It looks pretty funny.

Wonder if we could get our cats to do it without freaking out completely?

Yeah, probably not... :)

• Best of Kitty-Cam Image Gallery   5 years 30 weeks ago

We switched up the furniture on Cam 1 in hopes of attracting them there and there has been some interest, but not like I had hoped. Perhaps due to the drafty winter window, I'm not sure. They tend to be more interested in the couch when we aren't on it.

That picture was a bit staged with kitty treats. :) Domino isn't a treat kitty as much as the rest of them which explains why he was absent for that photo!

• Best of Kitty-Cam Image Gallery   5 years 30 weeks ago

haha! I was trying to click on a a previous image (looked like one kitty was almost standing!) featuring 3 kitties to upload into "best of" but got an image from 1-2-11 that didn't match, so I thought I'd see if you were maybe in the process of doing it, and sure enough there it was! Finney, Stormy & Neo near their new hidey-holes :) but I haven't seen Domino in awhile...is he afraid of the new piece of furniture?

• Hoping to see Neo's bio up soon   5 years 30 weeks ago

Yeah, there he is! He has such big, beautiful eyes.

• Hoping to see Neo's bio up soon   5 years 31 weeks ago

Yes, re-doing the banner on top is on the list as well. Will have to figure out how I originally did it as graphics programs are not my strong suit!

• Hoping to see Neo's bio up soon   5 years 31 weeks ago

yes!! that's a great pic of himself too. now I'll keep watching for different shots of him in the Kitty-Cam banner/montage at the top of the page :o) oh and best wishes for a Happy, Healthy, joyful Kitty-filled New Year!!

• Hoping to see Neo's bio up soon   5 years 31 weeks ago

Ask and you shall receive! Neo's bio is up! (And we got his weight from his vet appointment yesterday.)

• The Secret is Out!   5 years 31 weeks ago

Welcome Neo! I enjoyed meeting him over the weekend--he's a sweet boy, and very handsome too.

• Best of Kitty-Cam Image Gallery   5 years 32 weeks ago

LOL! I just saw it and was going to to upload it but wanted to make sure you didn't already! Great pic! Hope everybody at the Kitty-Cam house had a great Christmas :)

• Best of Kitty-Cam Image Gallery   5 years 32 weeks ago

Just added a picture of Neo, Finny and Storm!

• Best of Kitty-Cam Image Gallery   5 years 32 weeks ago

OMG... best picture of Neo yet on Best of!

• Hoping to see Neo's bio up soon   5 years 32 weeks ago

Weigh him like the vet weighs Cleo: very quickly scoop him in your arms, jump on the scale, get the reading then subtract your weight! He manages to do it quickly because she won't even let me hold her, let alone the guy who's always "hurting" her!

• Hoping to see Neo's bio up soon   5 years 32 weeks ago

Thanks for the reminder! We already have some great pictures of him so I hardly have a good excuse for the delay. :) What is holding me up is getting at least a semi-accurate weight of him on our bathroom scale. Darn guy won't sit still for me. :)

• Best of Kitty-Cam Image Gallery   5 years 32 weeks ago

Love the "best of" photos! I rarely get to see images of more than one cat when I stop by otherwise.

• The new cat introduction process   5 years 32 weeks ago

We've been through the introduction process a number of times. The integration time really depends on the existing cats' personalities. Our oldest cat, who is 12, has never fully accepted our youngest (now 2), but they can co-exist and the younger one still tries to get the old guy to like her. We still have daily hissing and growling, but nothing beyond that.

I'd give Neo more time and he may turn into a lap cat. Our oldest wasn't a lap cat until around age 7 or 8; now I can't get him off my lap!

• The new cat introduction process   5 years 33 weeks ago

yes, lucky you with THREE lap-kitties, lol!

Right, I've had Cleo 11 yrs. in October (she's ~13 y.o.) and in all that time ONCE she jumped onto my lap and stayed for about 10 minutes! And although I never give up trying, she'll allow holding for about 20 seconds maximum before she starts air-swimming. She does tolerate nuzzling while she's lying down, so she gets plenty of that! She also loves being brushed :)

• The new cat introduction process   5 years 33 weeks ago

How long have you had Cleo and I assume that she has never come around to being held?

I guess that shouldn't surprise me as I know other cats like that, it's just we've been fortunate to always have lap/cuddlers.

And he has come around a lot, he is more comfortable with us. I guess time will tell if he will be a lap boy!

• More Neo Pictures   5 years 33 weeks ago

He looks more adjusted, but still not smiling.