• Scariet Moment   5 years 17 weeks ago

I've had several scary moments, more than I care to think about! The worst has to be when Tucker had had surgery for crystals in his bladder. He ended up getting pneumonia as a complication. One night, he hid in a cabinet because he was so ill. I fed him canned A/D on my finger--it was the only way I could get him to eat anything. I remember crying and pleading for him to eat (he was only 3 at the time).

Fortunately, he survived and is now 12. I will never forget that night though.

• An Unexpected Trip to the Vet   5 years 17 weeks ago

Oh, poor sweetie! It was smart of you to bring her in right away. I hope the HBP meds will help.

• A Little Accident   5 years 17 weeks ago

Oh no, I'm so sorry! I know exactly how this feels. Last summer, I shut Tucker's tail accidentally in the bathroom door. I never will forget the horror of seeing him run away with his tail lopped over like that. Fortunately for Tucker, while the tail was broken, the skin was not broken, so after taking him to the vet, they wrapped his tail up and let it heal on its own.

Best wishes to Jim and Domino! Please tell him that even the most vigilant kitty people have accidents and to not feel guilty.

• A Little Accident   5 years 17 weeks ago

Aw, poor Domino! And poor Jim! :(

We had a friend in college who closed her cat's tail in the door. She lost an inch or so of her tail, but she healed up just fine. Extra scritches and schnoozles for Domino for a few days...

Oh, and he looks handsome in his megaphone. He may want to keep it!

• A Little Accident   5 years 17 weeks ago

I'm sure it's a combination of both. But I see Domino on cam1 wearing his megaphone, which isn't as dramatic looking as I expected! Haven't caught sight of his "abbreviation" yet. Earlier cam1 caught Neo looking down on his big brother from his "perch". So now let the healing begin, for everyone! I hope Stormy's feeling better too...

• A Little Accident   5 years 17 weeks ago

Domino is home now. But he still seems quite traumatized. He was running around like a "freaked out cat" and now is hiding in one of our bathrooms.
    I'm not sure if the behavior is due to the morning's trauma or the collar.

• A Little Accident   5 years 17 weeks ago

Sorry to hear about the Domino incident. He'll be fine in spite of having to wear a cone. You guys need to get come kitty health insurance.

• A Little Accident   5 years 17 weeks ago

As the old saying goes, It never rains but it pours. First Stormy, now this. Well, let's just hope the other old saying about how "disasters come in threes" does not come true. Keep your head up, Jim. It could have happened to anyone. Domino will forgive you and be up on your lap in no time.

• A Little Accident   5 years 17 weeks ago

Yes I do feel horrible about this.

Domino is at the emergency vet now.
    He's going to have 1" to 2" of his tail amputated.
    In the end, he's going to be just fine and probably won't notice the difference.
    Until then I'm not sure who's doing better, me or Domino.

He'll have part of his tail shaved and stitches. He'll be wearing a cone while he heals (we call it "kitty megaphone"). He will also be on antibiotics and pain meds for a while too.

I'll be calling the vet in 1.5 hours for an update. I believe he'll be home this afternoon.

• A Little Accident   5 years 17 weeks ago

oh no!!!! okay, I am now sending out your way via cyber-waves protective, healing energy, lol :) I'm sure Jim is in a lot more pain than Domino! of course accidents happen and probably so little of Domino's tail will have to come off that you won't even be able to nickname him Stub. Good luck today!!! ☺

• An Unexpected Trip to the Vet   5 years 17 weeks ago

Hope she's feeling better and that you get good news from the vet.

• An Unexpected Trip to the Vet   5 years 17 weeks ago

thank goodness it's not one of those serious diseases, but real frustrating I can imagine! I honestly never heard of HBP in kitties, but why not when they can easily contract so many other "human" diseases. maybe she has arthritis in her hind quarters? I will continue to pray for the Storm and hope you all can get to the crux of her problem so it can be treated!

• An Unexpected Trip to the Vet   5 years 17 weeks ago

Thyroid test result is in and its normal.
    So it's a good news/bad news scenario.
    Good that it's not any of those problems, but bad that we still don't have a definitive diagnosis.
    It could be the high blood pressure. We'll be taking Storm back to the vet in 2-3 weeks for another blood pressure check. Hopefully the medication will help and we'll see some improvement.

• An Unexpected Trip to the Vet   5 years 17 weeks ago

Kidney trouble and diabetes have been ruled out, but we are still waiting for results from the thyroid test. We were also given medication for high blood pressure and need to go back in a few weeks to have that re-tested.

• An Unexpected Trip to the Vet   5 years 17 weeks ago

My heart goes out to Stormy and also to you guys. I hope Stormy can get a reprieve, or at the very least you can make her comfortable. Keep us all informed. Bruce

• An Unexpected Trip to the Vet   5 years 17 weeks ago

oh no, not again :( I hope it turns out to be the least of those problems, which that would be I don't know. I'm praying for your sweet little girl as I type ♥

• An Unexpected Trip to the Vet   5 years 17 weeks ago

Stormy is at the vet now. The vet indicated that the symptoms could be kidney, thyroid, or diabetes. She's going to get blood tests this afternoon to determine the cause.
    I'll be picking her up this evening after work.

• An Unexpected Trip to the Vet   5 years 17 weeks ago

Jeez, I really hope she's okay. It would suck, for both you and her, if her kidneys are having problems.

• Sun kitties!   5 years 17 weeks ago

The photo of Domino and Finny curled up in the sun in precious! Isn't is great how sometimes kitties will call a "truce" every once in awhile just to curl up in each other's warmth?

• Sun kitties!   5 years 20 weeks ago

I love kitties in the sun. Even better is me + kitties in the sun. :-)

• Sun kitties!   5 years 20 weeks ago

Hooray for daylight savings time!

• Finny and Neo in "the hole"   5 years 22 weeks ago

LOL! fantastic :) (poor Stormy, off by herself somewhere?) did not realize how "stripey" sweetie-face Neo is! I just love this shot.

• Finny and Neo in "the hole"   5 years 22 weeks ago

How about this one for a bromance! :)

• Finny and Neo in "the hole"   5 years 22 weeks ago

Aw, it's a bromance! :)

• Finny and Neo in "the hole"   5 years 24 weeks ago

aw, all super shots Kris!! if ever my heart needs warming all it takes is watching snuggling kitties :^D