• R.I.P Stormy (September 10, 2013)   2 years 37 weeks ago

RIP in peace Stormy.

• R.I.P Stormy (September 10, 2013)   2 years 40 weeks ago

I hadn't visited in a while and this was the first thing I saw :( I lost my beloved soul kitty Cleo on 7-14-13, also at age 16. It was a gradual loss through chronic kidney failure, and she was my only "child". My heart is aching for you...

• R.I.P Stormy (September 10, 2013)   2 years 42 weeks ago

Oh my word, reading this was such a surprise! I am so sorry. Please accept my condolences.

• Meet Wynn!   3 years 37 weeks ago

He's gorgeous! I'm so glad you gave another kitty a home. Congrats on the new addition!

• Meet Wynn!   3 years 37 weeks ago

Thanks Valerie, but I think about the wonderful time we had with him.

• Meet Wynn!   3 years 38 weeks ago

So sorry about your boy Gizmo, Minou :( {{HUGS}}

• Meet Wynn!   3 years 38 weeks ago

Your email on your adoption application had kittycam.net as the domain, so I checked it out! Glad I did--so excited to be able to keep up with Wynn! He is one of my favorites kitties we've had at Mounds SP, and I'm thrilled he found a great home. :)

• Meet Wynn!   3 years 38 weeks ago

Celia, how did you find my site? I don't think I mentioned it to you. Regardless, glad you are here and now you get to meet the rest of the herd.

• Meet Wynn!   3 years 38 weeks ago

Hi!

I was the adoption counselor at Mounds who sent Wynn home with you. I am so excited that he is fitting in so well! Can't wait to see him on the cams some more :)

• Meet Wynn!   3 years 38 weeks ago

Welcome Wynn ! He's really cute. I wish you a lot of fun for a long, long time with him. My boy Gizmo lost his fight against cancer last Sunday evening. We miss him so much.

• Meet Wynn!   3 years 39 weeks ago

Aw, Welcome to Wynn :)) You guys are awesome adult kitty rescuing champions!! I did spy him on cam2 and agree w/ Mitty: he's extremely handsome with really cool markings. Look forward to seeing much more of him!

• Meet Wynn!   3 years 39 weeks ago

Welcome, Wynn! He sure is a handsome mancat. I look forward to seeing him on the cams.

• Finny   3 years 39 weeks ago

We too will miss seeing him. (I have a soft spot for brown tabbies.) You did the best you could for him. :-)

• Finny   3 years 39 weeks ago

Awwww... thanks so much!

There were signs leading up to the lymphoma diagnosis but we attributed much of that to the fact he always seemed to prefer staying to himself especially after Zoey passed away. Even had we gotten him to the vet sooner, we're not sure if that would have accomplished much.

This loss proved harder than losing Zoey because with Zoey we had the gradual decline over 15 months. Finnegan was just too quick!

At some point in the future we will likely get another cat, but no time frame has been set yet.

• R.I.P. Finnegan (October 27, 2012)   3 years 40 weeks ago

Oh no, no, no! I am so sorry! I was checking all last week for updates, hoping for the best. You did everything you could for him. We are sending purrs and gentle headbutts from our house to yours. Take care of yourselves.

• R.I.P. Finnegan (October 27, 2012)   3 years 40 weeks ago

I'm so, so sorry to hear that. I often thought about you and Finny the last days. I was so glad to see him yesterday. I'm sure he had a wonderful life in your home and I know how hard it is to accept the loss. But in your heart he will live on, Marion

• R.I.P. Finnegan (October 27, 2012)   3 years 40 weeks ago

Oh God. My heart goes out to you for this terrible loss. I just saw him on cam1 yesterday with a plate of food next to him. I will miss his image filling up the screen on cam2. I so wish you could have had him another 11 years... He was an awesome cat whom you saved from certain death and gave the best possible life. I know you were the best people he could have had. God bless. ♥ Val

• Finnegan is Sick   3 years 41 weeks ago

I haven't stopped by in a few days and was heartbroken to see Finnegan isn't well. The poor guy! We are thinking of you.

• Finnegan is Sick   3 years 41 weeks ago

aw, so glad to hear this - I think half the battle is helping them keep up an appetite! thank you for the update :)

• Finnegan is Sick   3 years 41 weeks ago

Finny was a trooper taking the pills (2- 5mg tablets). I first tried a "Pill Pocket", but he wasn't interested. Then I just popped the first one down his mouth without problem. The second was a little more difficult (he caught on a little), but he took it just fine.

So no luck with the pureed beef with Finny (but we won't have any problems feeding it to Stormy). But by the end of the evening he was gobbling down some of his typical wet food (Fancy Feast "classic" Beef&Chicken and Beef). He also ate a good amount this morning. I think he's just a little fussy about eating new things.

• Finnegan is Sick   3 years 42 weeks ago

Finny gets his first pill from us tonight.
    As of this morning his appetite still isn't great, but he did eat a few scraps of turkey slices.
    He's not used to the beef I fixed, so he's not yet interested in it. I think he needs something that smells familiar to him before he will go after it (like the turkey).

• Finnegan is Sick   3 years 42 weeks ago

so ... did Finnegan manage his prednisone & fatty beef, I hope?

• Finnegan is Sick   3 years 42 weeks ago

We took Finnegan to the vet tonight to get a steroid shot in hopes of increasing his appetite due in part to get him to ingest a prednisone tablet in a pill pocket to help combat the lymphoma. We also hope to keep in hand anything he will eat. Today we slow cooked a fatty piece of beef and pureed it. Hopefully he can enjoy digging into that when/if his appetite returns.

• Finnegan is Sick   3 years 42 weeks ago

oh no, I am so so very sorry to hear this. I always look for him on Cam2...today I saw him on Cam1 w/ the bald spot and thought I'd better check around and I saw your post. I am sending positive thoughts and prayers to your family and Finny.... and to Minou and Gismo as well ♥

• Finnegan is Sick   3 years 42 weeks ago

Hi Kris,
    I'm so sad to hear that. I hope you'll find a way to help him. I'm sitting beside Gismo, his tumor poped up today. ( I hope I choose the right words, you know I'm German).